Rules and Regulations:
- Always address your instructor and fellow students as “Sir” or “Ma’am” as a sign of respect.
- Upon entering or leaving the training area, bow towards the instructor and class. Bowing is a traditional way of showing both humility and respect.
- Students arriving late to class should wait for instructor’s permission to enter class. It is impolite and disruptive to the class in session just to slip in.
- Please try to be on time for class. The beginning of the class is the warm up and stretching portion of class. A proper warm up and stretch will help to reduce risk of injuries like pulled muscles and possibly more serious injuries.
- Should you need to leave early, please inform the instructor prior to class.
- Please wear a clean uniform to class.
- Uniform Rules:
- White: uniform, pants or t-shirt: all belt ranks
- Blue: uniform, pants or t-shirt: Orange belt and above
- Red: pants or t-shirt: Green belts and above
- Black: uniform, pants or t-shirt: Purple belt and above
- Sweatshirts (black, blue and red): all belts ranks
- Please, do not mix matching of differently colored uniform tops and bottoms. This rule does not apply to differently colored t-shirts, sweatshirts and pants.
- No uniforms bearing the logo or patches from other schools allowed. This would be considered a sign of disrespect. Students visiting from other schools are asked to wear a plain uniform.
- For safety reasons, please remove all rings, necklaces, watches, earrings, or other miscellaneous jewelry that may cause injury to yourself or others.
- Please keep your fingernails and toenails trimmed, as they too can cause injury to yourself or others.
- The uniform required for testing is a complete white uniform (up to Orange belt level) or complete blue uniform (above Orange belt level) or complete black uniform (above Purple belt level), with our school patch sewn on the left breast of the top.
ABK T-Shirts or sweatshirts can be worn as a uniform top. The only exception to this rule will be on the day of testing, where a complete uniform is required. Allowed colors are as follows:
White and Yellow: White
Orange and Above: White or Blue
Purple and Above: White, Blue or Black
Sparring Rules and Etiquette:
- A full set of ABK supplied sparring gear must be worn when sparring. Sparring starts at Purple Belt. This includes head, mouth, torso, groin, hand, shin, and foot protective gear. There can be no exceptions. This is enforced for the safety of all students.
- All sparring contact shall be very light contact.
- No head contact is allowed.
- NEVER strike to injure your sparring partner. Good control of both yourself and your techniques are required. Non-Compliance with this rule may result in suspension from sparring classes.
If your partner is striking hard, politely ask them to “use more control”. If your partner continues to strike hard, bow out of sparring and inform your instructor.